Friday, May 30, 2014

First time on Hot Springs Village newspaper

This was my first time appear on Hot Springs Village newspaper. I think this is special to me for two reasons:

1) It is a good recognition for my own professional growth - if I didn't feel excited about this, then it is almost too fake, or I don't take my job seriously;

2) More importantly, it could be the first step toward changing the image of Hot Springs Village, Arkansas. The current reputation of the community, which is the largest gated community in the US, is that it is a place for retirees, for golfers, for American white people - and I am none of those, proudly with no offense. I think, if Hot Springs Village accepts me, then it is ready for change, for a right reason.

I am grateful that Hot Springs Village accepts me and appreciates me, and invites me into its placemaking story. Although there will be a lot of trials and errors ahead, it is exciting!

I was nervous, very much so, talking in front of the experts in the Government Affairs Committee at HSV.


No comments:

Post a Comment